Monday, June 25, 2012

Busy BIG Brother...

So this week we are getting just a taste of what it will feel like as the kids get older and are involved in multiple activities!  This week Grady is participating in VBS from 9-12 every day and Soccer Camp from 6:30-8:00 every night.  Whew - this kid was T-I-R-E-D tonight... and so was his Mommy!  It is fortunate that it's summer and I am lucky enough to be at home with the kids for a couple of months and can play chauffeur.  Yet another perk of teaching!  Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE my summers!?!

I had Cole with me this morning, but I did manage to get a couple of pictures myself and thanks to Katie and Michelle, got a couple more of Grady's fun morning at VBS!         

 Doesn't Cole look tired because he's missing morning nap thrilled...?
 

Grady, Brody and Ava - such sweet friends all in the same class!
 Arts and crafts
 Somebody is excited!
Grady came home today telling me about Noah and how Noah depended on God - 
love, love, love VBS! 

Soccer camp was this evening, technically Brittsh Soccer Camp... yes, the instructors are from England and all have accents... it's soooo cool!  They are super fun and friendly and have such energy... I have no idea how they do it!?!  Grady's group had about 15 kids - all boys and one little girl.  The kids acted like 15, 5 years olds... lots of silliness, name calling, not listening, and some whining.  NOT Grady however... I was shocked!  

There was no tears, no whining or complaining about it being 100 degrees... AND he listened and participated the whole hour and a half.  He also did everything right and really looked like he knew what he was doing.  I have to tell you this was a big deal.  I love my lil G, but he acts like a normal 5 year old most of the time.  Tonight was one of those times when I was so proud... and wanted to just squeeze him.  He's growing up!  We bragged on him BIG time the rest of the evening.  Richard and I wrangled Cole the whole time and decided to take turns the next few nights being with G and the other stay home, although it was good exercise!  HA! 

Warming up with Dad


 Coach trying to tag him
Trying to get the ball from coach
 Look at that smile...
 Silly game - yelling...
 Acting like a chicken...
 Lil' Man was doing some awesome dribbling!



 Running, running and more running!
         
Even though G was really tired tonight, he kept talking about all the fun he had today.  
I guess running all over creation is worth it...

 especially when you get to see this sweet, smiling, excited face doing the things he LOVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment