These animals just come right up to your car...
You are only allowed to feed the giraffes by hand but I guess we didn't exactly follow that specific rule...
I thought Cole would be scared... not so much!
Goose, Mimi and I got to feed the giraffes...
they are my favorite animal so I was really excited. :)
A male giraffe got really "excited" too and tried to make a move while this one was feeding out of Grady's hand. Nothing says OMG like seeing that up close and personal...
When us grown ups stared saying, "Oh my gosh, oh no, no way," Grady told us to get over it and that they were just fighting. "Wild animals fight like that all the time mom."
Yes they do son, yes they do. Awkward...
Still trying to erase that image from my head to this day.
The deer were much more calm...
Grady had the information book and animal index. He kept reading to us facts about the animals and helping us identify each and every one. My little animal scientist!
Cole really liked the zebras... he threw handful after handful of food out the window at them!
The auodad was pretty cool too... ugly thing but pretty awesome.
There was also a kids center, petting zoo, cafe and gift shop about half way through where you get to stop and stretch your legs. People watching at places like this is fun too. We saw lots of "Texas hair"!
It was such a great trip! Next time we plan to head to Dinosaur Valley also and spend the entire day exploring.
That evening we went to have Mexican food and TCBY and then we had an early soccer game Sat morning. Baseball was that afternoon and I had a wedding to attend of one of my coworkers daughters so Mimi and Papa were on Cole patrol while Goose played his game and Richard coached. Grady had a birthday pool party right after his game and then we finally got to breathe...
The wedding was just beautiful and I enjoyed catching up with my work friends outside of school.
I LOVE these ladies and really miss Kim!
Sunday was a really relaxing day... shopping with mom and Cole, the boys played golf and baseball and then we spent the afternoon playing outside and just enjoying our time together. My only regret was not taking more pictures, although sometimes I miss what's going on while I'm behind the lens... and that time together is just priceless.
Mimi and Papa... we are counting down the days before we get to come and see you in Florida in another few weeks. Thanks for such a memorable weekend... we LOVE you!!!







Grady is just too funny! Love his logic on the animals "fighting!" We have to get to Fossil Rim sometime soon.
ReplyDelete