Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Day at the Zoo with my Crazy Monkeys

We are having unseasonably "cooler" temps this week for the first week of July, in Dallas.  I think the high Monday was 88... Perfect way to spend the day at the zoo!

Grady can practically run the tour we've been so many times.  I keep saying we need to try the Dallas Zoo someday, but we love the big trees, large open areas to run without trampling over everyone and I know how to get there!  Ha!  








Cole is the perfect age- I took him last fall, but 6 months can make all the difference.  The stroller was more of a lunch and diaper bag carrier than a ride for Cole-man.  The look on his face when we first saw the primates was priceless.  He would look at them and then me and then yell "monkey" over and over again like... They are real, mom!!  Every animal was exciting to him.  He wasn't too into Grady's commentary on each animal, but he did hold his hand almost the whole day.  Dare I say we might finally be there folks...!?!







I think the highlight was getting to see the elephant up close and personal spray water all over himself.  Can we just say belly laugh!?!




Or maybe it was the picnic lunch followed by ice cream.  Wait, that was my highlight!  

Grady's highlight was probably getting to pet the snake.  Little bro joined the fun- fearless of snakes... But terrified of birds?  Who knew?!?  I don't blame him, I'm not a bird fan myself!  

The turtles were also quite interesting.  Loud noises and "wrestling" was how I explained it to Goose.  Fun times!

I'm glad we got a nice day for the zoo!  I'm wondering if I can put in a request for more 88 degree days in July/August?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment