Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break Ski-Bums

The little boys and I flew to Utah again for our Spring Break to spend some time with my mom and dad, Mimi and Papa.  It was just awesome... the weather, company, skiing, food, naps, deer watching, snuggling, views and hikes were just the best way to spend the week!  The flights went really well also, despite out late night flight (which the kids both slept through) and our really early morning flight (which required us to wake up at 3:30 am) the kids seem to have this flying thing down... Cole got in his last free flight as well before turning two.  I forgot the big camera so this week is brought to you by my handy-dandy IPhone...
Right before ski school with Papa - super excited to be skiing again!
 We probably saw 250 deer over the week... many right outside the kitchen window.
Cole would run to the lower windows and say, "dee-dee-r" over and over again!
I just LOVE his sweet little voice right now. 
 Grady started with a day of ski school and we decided to meet them at the lodge during one of their hot chocolate breaks.  I'm not sure he even noticed we were there... but I did enjoy seeing him in his element! 
 Our view for the week... I feel more relaxed just looking at it now
 I don't think Mimi and Cole minded staying home one bit...
We went to watch some expert skiers doing the half-pipe and jumps... amazing... 
Don't get any ideas Grady!


On a hike with Papa around "Cougar Creek" (where a cougar really lives.. eek) and we discovered lots and lots of bones.  There were deer, sheep, an elk...
 Cole really bonded to Papa.  He wasn't quite ready to wake up and Papa's lap was a nice place to continue his waking up time. 





Grady and I had a really good time skiing together this time.
He did keep telling me I was slowing him down... which was VERY true.  
My 6 YO can already out-ski me! 


 The abuse poor Mimi puts up with...
 On one of our non-skiinig days we went tubing!
It was super fun and warming up big time so it was a bit slushy. 
 Grady and I rode together most times so he could make it down the hill... 
 Cole refused to wear his coat, gloves or hat.  
Sometimes it's just not worth the battle...
 Cole kept throwing snow-balls... his little hands must have been freezing.  
Not enough to put on those stinkin' gloves though... ha!
 Snack break to thaw the icicle hands

 We gave Mimi a night off of cooking and went to Dickey's.  
The kids fav part was the ice cream machine... shocker.  The pickle cup was  a perfect size for Cole!
Everybody is always all smiles for ice cream!
 Last day skiing and a really healthy snack... gummy bears and hot chocolate!  Delish..
 What a wonderful trip Mimi and Papa - thanks for letting us crash with you for a while!
I imagine you happily sat in silence for two days after we left...
We LOVE you and can't wait to repeat this tradition!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what fun and great memories!! I'm so impressed with G's skiing skills too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like an amazing trip!!! Way to go, Grady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to recognize those slopes! I'm positive Grady out-skiied me on all of those :)

    The picture of the boys next to each other on the red couch melts my little heart. You are so blessed, Laura! What precious little guys!

    ReplyDelete