Monday, April 8, 2013

What I'm Reading...

This has to be the BEST book I have ever read... and it just happens to be written and illustrated by my little guy, Grady.  Apparently they have been working on personal narratives.  His teacher told me it was good... I had no idea.  One minute they are growing inside of you, or being rocked in your arms and what seems like the very next they are writing stories, good stories about some of the most cherished memories you've had together.  My heart is full and I am so proud.  Enjoy!

 When I was little I went to a Rangers game. 
 It was fun on the high top.  My mom holded me and taked care of me. 

 I went to a game area.  When I got inside we got to hit baseballs 1 at a time. 
 I got some popcorn and a hot dog too it was so yummy I sat still the whole night. 
 I was sad but my dad told me I could go to the toy shop to buy a base ball bat. 
 They won then I practiced swinging my bat I got better then I was ready to play real base ball. 

   

2 comments:

  1. Impressive for two reasons....
    1. As a fourth grade teacher, I LOVE that they are starting personal narratives so young!
    2. What a great story with detail!!! I see a future writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!! I actually read his writing...I didn't need your translation!;) I think one of my favorite pages is when he wrote about sitting on mom's lap and having her take care of him. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete