To celebrate it being the end of the third six weeks (and also officially 1/2 way through the school year -- woo-hoo) Richard and I spent an awesome afternoon with Grady! He has worked so hard this year and grown leaps and bounds academically and socially. He is such a boy, but a pretty typical Kindergartner in every way. We don't by any means expect perfection, but this six weeks was pretty darn close with a happy face every single day. I am even more amazed by his academic growth. Grady is reading, I mean really reading and it makes me just ecstatic when I hear him in the backseat of the car or in his room at home. His teacher just rocks and we give her so much credit, but G has this internal desire to do well at his school work and we hope this continues throughout his education. I don't really know how you teach that... wish I did! He loves school and his friends, and can't wait to tell me what they learned each day and what special he went to. He says his favorite is art, but he loves them all and it seems like he talks the most about Science. He quotes facts verbatim and has even taught me a few things... He also enjoys recess and lunch which just goes to show you what a "normal" boy he is - ha! His teacher told me the other day that he has such a caring personality and kind heart. This means more to me than pretty much anything!
Well, we are so proud of him and decided to celebrate with a treat at Corner Bakery, and Main Event with some bowling (a first) and putt-putt(which he loves). It was a very cool surprise when Daddy said he could make it too! We all had fun, and G really liked his first time bowling!
He was so excited and got the hang of it pretty quickly!
Notice the scoreboard...
Grady even got three hole-in-ones!
I am hoping this is the first of many celebrations for Grady's successes at school! We LOVE you G, just for being you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment