It was COLD and WET, as in too cold and wet go go outside for what felt like weeks- which is rare for Dallas. I guess Santa knew it was coming because we've been enjoying Grady's WiiU with MarioCart 8 wars almost every night. All 4 of us play and 3/4 of us are super, super competitive! Cole has gone from not being able to play to beating me... good times.
It's birthday party season apparently because Grady has been to 3 in 3 weeks. At the last one he went to he jumped into a foam pit and got something lodged in his eye. Long story (and lots of pain later) he tore his cornea and we made our first trip to the eye doctor. Fortunately after a bandaid contact and some drops he's almost all healed... unfortunately, after some eye exams we have realized Goose is far sighted and needs glasses. I guess it's a good thing we caught it early- silver linings and all!
We stopped for TCBY treats to celebrate half of the school year being over and half way to summer! Somebody wasn't feeling a smile...
Richard finally picked out his smoker (as promised for Father's Day) and we've been doing some yummy cooking. I see lots of weekend smoker use in our future! Yum! I actually smoked this chicken the other afternoon. Delish!
Cole has been drawing self portraits in the shower lately. When I asked him where his legs were he told me he didn't have any-ha!
Grady is playing basketball on the Bulls with Coach Greg. So far it's been a great season. Grady is learning a lot and rock in' defense with rebounds and steals.
The last few days we've had some beautiful weather and actually got outside to play. This one melts my heart.
Tonight the cold and rain are on the way back in. I made a big pot of soup and Coley pulled himself around on the pillow- #goofballwithasixpack









No comments:
Post a Comment