Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Week Before Christmas...

The week before Christmas was a pretty stinky week for poor G.  He got a fever Saturday night, which then became a cough, weakness, lack of appetite and runny nose... and then by Tuesday he was diagnosed with the Flu, a double ear infection and strep.  So much for the flu shots we all go this year!  Boo... he was super sad to miss what he called, "the best week of school ever"  He also reminded me that last year the only day he missed was his birthday.  Poor guy!  Well, I tried to create some relaxing fun for us at home that week.  We had our own Polar Express Day with hot chocolate and Popsicles.  I also made (green)Grinch milkshakes.  I knew he mustn't have felt very good because he drank about 2 sips and quit.  :(    After a couple of days with lots of snuggles and movie watching, and after antibiotics and Tamiflu, he was fever free and back to school just in time for his party on Thursday!







Grady has a really sweet class, and the party was very fun, but quiet.  I think 6 kids were out with the flu!  They made ornaments, played a game and had a yummy snack.  One of the perks of G being at my school (two doors down) is getting to pop in for his parties.  :)

We also gave Cole's babysitter her Christmas present, and got our annual couch picture with all of the sweet kiddos!  We LOVE Stephie!   

 left to right ... Dex, Drew, Colton, Stephie, Owen, Cole, Kate and Ella

It just also happened to be our 9th Wedding Anniversary!  We plan to celebrate sometime soon once everything has settled down a bit.  I think we should change the date to a half celebration on June 20th, so that we have time to do it up right - ha!  December 20th, 2003 was such a memorable day, and I am truly blessed to share my life with such a loving and thoughtful husband and fantastic Daddy.  Love you babe! 



           

No comments:

Post a Comment